Tuesday, February 3, 2009
New Bag Progress - Or Digression?
This past weekend, I was sewing along just fine on my new bag. I had a shell, the lining and the top all complete. See? Everybody say "Ohhhhhhhh"
Then the ultimate went wrong... (playing evil music here) - I went to put all the pieces together and the top doesn't fit the bottom - the top is smaller than the bottom! I know exactly what I did wrong... I sewed all the seems at 1/4" instead of 3/8" like the pattern says to. I thought if I sewed all my inseems at 1/4" - it wouldn't make a difference. Shame on me for not listening to the pattern.
It isn't hopeless though - I can still fix it. It is going to take some brain power - but I can figure how much I am off by and make the pleats bigger on the bottom part (shell and lining). Then the top should fit. A little bit of a pain in my backside.
Lesson of the weekend "FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS"