Monday, May 4, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial - Freezer Paper Fun!!

When I was in London, my sister gave me a large roll of freezer paper because I had read various techniques of printing onto fabric using a home computer and printer.



As, I looked into more things to create using freezer paper, I came across this tutorial, which uses bleach to make a white stencil. I always want cool t-shirt, but never find any fun ones. I think this is my next project for myself - but instead of bleaching, I think I will use fabric paints. I am very sure this is not a new idea, but it is new to me and looks fun and easy to do! Think of the fun tea towels you could make... or the baby onesies... oh so many gift options!

There are all sorts of stencil ideas out there - I found this flickr group dedicated to printing with freezer paper stencils onto fabric: http://www.flickr.com/groups/fpstencils/

Also, I wanted to follow up on the pin cushion tutorial I posted a few weeks ago... I finally made mine! It's so pretty! The instructions that Oh Fransson gives are amazing - so easy to follow. And if you do decide to make a pin cushion for yourself, listen to her advice about filling the bean bag - I filled mine too much and had to take it apart and take some of the rice out!

It took me about 2 hours to complete - probably longer than necessary because I was watching movies at the same time :)

No comments: