First of all, I want to note that I did pick a bold colour. I wanted a fun and funky room and a room that stands out from the rest of the house. Sometimes I panic after I make such decisions, so there has been many phone calls to Steph and my mother second guessing the choice of such a bright green in the room.
This is the photo I took after the first coat of paint. Suddenly I thought to myself "What have you done?" and at this point, db called this room the "insane asylum" because you walk in and your face goes into shock (like the SCREAM painting).
A few days and 2 coats of paint later, I am feeling much better about the whole room. It is still bold, but I think it is going to look great once it is all put together. db and I put the Ikea Malm dresser together today and put it in the room and I think he agrees the green looks great with the white.
I even put the baby clothes that I have received in the drawers. I am thinking about making some drawer liners using this tutorial, but probably won't use any scents and will use some low tack double sided tape to keep the liner from shifting around.
For this week, a lot has been accomplished! The hallway and the baby room has been painted. The dresser/change table has been put together. Count down is on... only 8 weeks left!