Sunday, January 17, 2010

Set Back Week - Baby Room

This was a frustrating week for the progress of the baby's room. A couple of things happened:

1. Painter bailed - Okay, I am not exactly sure what happened, but the painter failed to call me back. It has be almost a week since he sent his quote and I asked when he could start, but he hasn't called back. This makes me soooo sad! Now Steph and I will have to paint. Or I could try to find another painter... anybody know of a good painter in Victoria?

2. The Crib - The crib that my sister and I picked out is beautiful. Well, actually Steph found it and I agreed it was pretty. It is the BabyLetto Modo 3-in-1 Convertible Crib.

One problem that we didn't realize is it is made out of pine. Pine is such a soft would that it would get dinged up very quickly and if baby chews on it... well, there would be teeth marks all over. The Babyletto webpage does say they use lead free and safe paint... except, I don't want a dinged up crib after 5 months! Call me crazy!

So, back to the drawing board. Now I am thinking that I like the ducduc crib that my mom and I saw when we visited a store in Calgary. It is very pretty (and very expensive).

I attempted to get a store in Vancouver to quote a shipping price for this crib, but the lady was slightly... well, to put it nicely, slow. There is another store in Vancouver that carries this crib, so Steph will try and contact them this week and see if they can ship it to Victoria. I hope so! I wish we had more furniture stores in Victoria :)

3. Stroller - From day 1, I have been pretty set on which stroller I wanted to get. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I was checking out the ones people use at the ball fields (since baseball is such a huge part of our lives and I don't see that changing). Well, today I went shopping with a friend whom is also pregnant and I think she found a better stroller for approximately the same price! Now I am confused! Which one do I get? Can't someone else do all this shopping for me? Hahaha... so, I will go get a demo of the one that I first was interested in from a friend who has a toddler and ask her for her input and help. Goodness!

This week is full of doctor's appointments, meet the doctor, and prenatal classes. I am exhausted already!

No comments: